When it comes to configuring the Egg NS Emulator, there’s a critical step that involves downloading and locating the SwitchDroid folder. This folder is indispensable as it houses essential files needed for emulating Switch ROMs.
To streamline this process, the NXTeam has introduced the Egg NS Installer, which eliminates the need for manually placing the SwitchDroid folder. Instead, it automates the installation of the latest Egg NS Emulator and sets up the SwitchDroid folder for you.
In this guide, I will take you through the steps to download and use the Egg NS Installer, making the setup more straightforward and removing the requirement for separate SwitchDroid folder placement.
To get the Egg NS Installer, simply visit our download page. You can always count on obtaining the most up-to-date version of the Egg NS Installer from there.
How to Use EggInstaller to automatically setup Egg NS Emulator
Using the Egg NS Installer is a straightforward process, and you’ll quickly become familiar with it when you open the app. However, if you encounter any confusion, follow the steps below:
1. Download the latest version of Egg NS Installer from the link provided above and proceed with the installation.
2. Open the EggInstaller app and grant the necessary storage permission when prompted.
3. On the main screen, you’ll find two buttons. Start by clicking on the “INSTALL NOW” button. This will automatically download the latest version of Egg NS and prompt you to install the app. Proceed with the installation and grant any required permissions.
4. Next, click on the “UNZIP THE DATA PACKET” button. You’ll see a loading message indicating “Unpacking files…” as it completes. The SwitchDroid folder will be placed automatically.
5. That’s it! It’s as simple as that. Below the “UNZIP THE DATA PACKET” button, you’ll see a message that reads: “Detected that the data packet already exists. If you continue decompressing the data packet, game saves will be lost!” This message confirms the successful placement of the SwitchDroid folder.
Manual Placement of the SwitchDroid Folder (If Required)
If, for any reason, the Egg NS Installer doesn’t work for you, there’s no need to worry. You can still manually place the SwitchDroid folder. I’ve provided detailed instructions on how to do this in my comprehensive guide. Click the button below to access the guide and learn the manual placement process.