The Nintendo Switch has garnered immense popularity due to its innovative design and captivating game library, winning the hearts of gaming enthusiasts worldwide. Its unique handheld-to-console versatility has transformed the gaming experience. But what if you could enjoy the extensive selection of Nintendo Switch games on your Windows PC? Enter the Yuzu emulator, a potent tool that brings the Nintendo Switch’s magic to your desktop.
In this article, we will explore the world of Yuzu, detailing how to set it up effectively to play your favourite Nintendo Switch games on your PC. Whether you yearn for the nostalgia of classic titles or the excitement of new releases, Yuzu provides an opportunity to embark on thrilling adventures without needing a physical console.
How to Install & Setup Yuzu Emulator on Windows
By following our step-by-step guide and harnessing Yuzu’s remarkable capabilities, you’ll unlock a realm of possibilities, allowing you to relish the best of Nintendo Switch gaming on your personal computer. Let’s dive in and embark on this virtual journey together!
1. Download Games (NSP, XCI ROMs)
To commence playing your desired game, you’ll need to download its ROM file first. All Nintendo Switch emulators support games in NSP/XCI format, and you can conveniently obtain ROMs from the provided link below.
2. Setting Up the Yuzu Emulator
The following steps outline how to set up and run Nintendo Switch Games on the Yuzu emulator using the game’s ROM file (NSP or XCI).
1. Click the button below to download the Yuzu emulator setup. Once downloaded, proceed to install it using the default settings.
2. Upon opening the emulator, you may encounter an error message indicating that “Encryption keys are missing.” No need to worry; we have a guide on how to resolve this issue.
3. After successfully adding the prod.keys, the error should be resolved, and you can now proceed to add the game directory.
3. Adding the Game Directory
Next, we will proceed with adding the game directory to ensure the emulator can locate the game. Follow these steps to accomplish that:
1. Launch the Yuzu Emulator. On the main screen, you will notice the option “Double-click to add a new folder to the game list.” Double-click on the screen to proceed.
2. Navigate to the folder where you have saved your game’s XCI or NSP file. For example, I have saved “The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom.nsp” file in a folder named “ROMs,” so I’m selecting it.
3. After selecting the game folder, all the games available in that folder will appear on your main screen. In my case, “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom” is displayed.
That’s it! We have completed all the necessary steps. Now, simply double-click on the game you want to play and savour the immersive experience on your computer.
Prepare yourself to dive into a world of excitement, adventure, and nostalgia as you explore a vast library of Nintendo Switch games from the comfort of your PC.